Stuff To Scrap

Monday, January 19, 2009

My New Obsession

My husbands always been after me to find a hobby. I always told him that I'm not good at anything and I don't like anything! That was until I discovered digital scrapbooking. I always wanted to get into paper scrapbooking, that of course was after I had my first child. By then it was too late, paper scrapbooking is time consuming...and not to mention you have a whole bunch of stuff to keep a little one of! It just wasn't going to work for me...plus all the cutesy stickers was way out of our budget. I was so excited when I first came across scrapblog.com, I scrapped Haylie's 1st year in no time! And even set up a templete for Hunter's to fill in whenever he reached the right month. I was pretty much hooked. Then I started googling digital scrapbooking and came across all kinds of sights of "freebies" to download! Hello...a practically FREE hobby! Now I've joined the forum over at Digi-Designs by Nicole and I can't get enough of it! I'm on there every day and trying a new scrap challenge or just a layout almost everyday! It's too much fun!
So today I participated in my first Speed Scrap Challenge over at Nicole's Forum. The instructions were:
Step 1 - pick 3 pictures, only 1 of the 3 can have people in it.
Step 2 - pick any 7 papers; use 1 for your background and the others however you wish
Step 3 - Colorize your pictures; black/white, color overlay, etc...
Step 4 - Frame all your pictures
Step 5 - Use as many flowers and greenery as you wish. make a small cluster
Step 6 - Using only alpha make a BIG title for your layout
Step 7 - put a tab on your layout with the date on it. Add any drop shadows and finish your layout. Upload to a gallery or photobucket and then post your layout in the forum.
And this is what I came out with..

What do ya think?

No comments:

Post a Comment